January 30, 2012

Hello Everyone!!
  Things are great in the Mission field! We are having a lot of success right now which is always great. We have a baptism this Aaturday! The woman being baptized is amazing, she is really the best of the best. I look forward to that. I do have a funny experience for the week, here it is:
We knocked on a lady's door and this is the conversation:
Lady: "Look at the sign, 'no soliciting'"
Me: "Oh, we aren't selling anything."
Lady: "Yes you are."
Me: "No we aren't."
Lady: "Yes you are!!"
Me: "No we really aren't selling anything."
Lady: "You're selling Mormonism."
Me: "No we aren't selling it."
Lady: "Yes you are!"
Me: "No we really aren't selling it, just sharing."
Lady: "Well you don't know the history of the church."
Me: "Yes we do."
Lady: "No you don't!"
Me: "Yes we do Ma'am."
 She just continued to argue with us about what we were and about what we knew and what we didn't know. It is so funny how people think they know more about what I know, than I do! Haha some people. We had a good laugh after that door. Another thing that we laughed about this week was when I was on exchanges up in Georgetown we knocked on a guys door and we were having a good conversation then he told us that we came from the "pit of hell" haha so we said "Well you have a good day sir" and walked away haha. People have some crazy ideas.
  The mission is great though, I am loving every minute of it. We have transfers this Thursday and Elder Mackay is getting transfered so I get a new companion, hopefully we get along as well as Elder Mackay and I do!  Thank you everyone for your support and prayers! I hope you have a great week!

Love Elder Jackman

P.S. I haven't been taking pictures, but as soon as I have some more i'll send them.