Hey Everyone!!
The work is picking up again after the holidays! We are teaching a lot of really great investigators. We have also done a lot of knocking. While knocking the other day Elder Mackay and I had several doors slammed on us, and we decided that some people are definitely better at slamming doors than others. We started to grade their door slams. Some of them would slam it too hard so it kind of shook their house and definitely did damage to the door frame. Others would slam it too soft so their wasn't any feeling in it. But then we came across a pro door slammer! He did it perfectly. Not too hard, but not too soft. It was a quality door slam. It is funny sometimes the things we do to keep us occupied while we knock on doors. Other news: We have started studying the Old Testament. A lot of people don't really use it anymore because they feel that it is outdated and that everything we need is in the New Testament. Oh how they are wrong! The Old Testament is so interesting, and when thoroughly studied there are so many things to learn from it. Of course it is hard to get going into it but once you do it is great! I am loving reading through it. So overall I am doing fantastic. I am learning a lot and having a lot of fun in the service of the Lord. I love this gospel and I love that I have this opportunity to serve. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!! Thank you so much for all the support and prayers! Love you all!
Love Elder Jackman
Ok for the pictures this week.
The first one is sweet! We saw a car exactly like Herbie!! So that is cool! All the other ones were from a challenge I did. There is a place called "Round Rock Donuts" they are the best donuts I have ever had, they put krispy kreme to shame. But the challenge is eating a Texas size round rock donut. They use the same amount of dough as they do for a dozen donuts but they just make into one big donut. I thought that I could do it. But I could not. I was sick the rest of the day. It was the worst, because I got to just a few bites left and I could not eat them. I would have thrown up and I did not want that! But now I have a cool story to tell so that is great. Love you all!