Hey Everyone!
This week has been a lot more knocking. We have 3 great people that we are teaching right now and they are progressing a lot! One is moving to Missouri in a couple weeks but she will continue her progression there so that will be good. The other 2 are staying here and are amazing. They are loving church and we are loving them! That is about all that happened for the week. But I do have a funny story to tell. So we were knocking yesterday and there were 3 kids outside playing, they were siblings. The oldest was about 12 and then the next was about 5 then the youngest was probably 3. So we went to knock on their door and the 5 year old came up and he said "what are you guys doing!?" and we told him we were going to knock on the door and asked him to go in and get his parents, so he brought his aunt out and she told us we could come by another time so as we were walking away the 5 year old was just walking next to us, so I pulled out a quarter that I always keep in my pocket so I can do little magic tricks for kids. I asked if he wanted to see a magic trick and he said yes so I made the quarter disappear and appear in his ear and he went crazy!!! HE called all the other kids and they came over and were excited to see some magic, so I did the trick a few times more and they crowded around me and showed them how to do it and gave them the quarter to practice with. We then continued to knock the street and on the way back up the kids yelled: "Get back here!!" and they came and surrounded me and the youngest came up and started feeling my pockets so that was kind of awkward, and I asked him what he was doing and he told me he wanted a quarter. Haha so I told him that the quarter I gave them was to share and he got mad and said "I don't want to share!!" haha so I just told him that sharing was good and that is what jesus would do. Then I pulled some "mormon.org cards out with our number on them and did another magic trick and gave them the cards to practice with and told them to show their parents the cards so that was good. And then I did a magic trick that makes it look like I can levitate and I told them that I would show them how to do that one when I came back so we will go back and the parents will have to let us in!! It was pretty cool, and I just thought it was funny that the little 3 year old already knew how to rob people! He was feeling around for a quarter! haha. But that is my story this week. I love you all and thank you for your support and prayers! Have a wonderful week!
Love Elder Jackman