November 14, 2011

Hellooooo Family and Friends;
My first area is...... drum roll.... Taylor Texas!! It is about 30 mins north of Austin. It is the northern most part of the mission. My companion is Elder Owen Mackay. He has been out 19 months and is a great trainer! He is an English elder and I am in an English area so I don't get to use the Spanish as much, but I’m still studying it, and I still talk to some people in Spanish. The Alamo on the first day was pretty scary. We were just sent out and they told us to give some people book of Mormons!  It worked out great. Since then our day is as follows. Wake up 6: 30 and shower eat and what not (I do push ups every morning and night, I am at 51 each time right now and I’ll keep you updated on my progress) Then at 8 we have personal study for an hour. Then at 9 we have 2 hours of companionship study where we talk about what we learned in personal study and then plan what to teach investigators. Then the other hour of comp study we do my "greenie" training. Then we have an hour Spanish study, and since he doesn't speak Spanish what I like to do is just read the Book of Mormon in Spanish and he reads his in English. Then we have some lunch and we are out the door around one each day. From there we go and knock doors mostly and go to appointments we have with investigators and such. Knocking doors is weird at first but I’m used to it now. My favorite is when they open up and we tell them who we are and they just chuckle and turn around and shut the door. That is pretty much how the day goes for me though. I have realized that I am not a very good cook. I am hungry pretty much all the time so I have definitely lost some weight. But I am learning and today we will go buy some groceries so I’ll be able to cook a little better. I love dinner appointments! Ha-ha we live in a member’s home. Brother and sister Belnap. They are super cool. We have one room where we live study and everything. The Belnaps are pretty much gone all day so we don't see them very much. Oh before I forget, the mailing address here is:
                                                Elder Marcus Jackman
                                                1004 Yellowstone drive
                                                Taylor, TX 76574 I would love to receive mail!!!! If anyone has sent mail to the mission office (the address on facebook) I don't know when I’ll get it. The office is pretty far from here so we only get the mail occasionally. So sorry if I don't write back to it for awhile, it's just because I haven't gotten it. Oh I will be in this are for at least 2 transfers which will be 12 weeks or about 3 months.
Now for all you viewing the blog. I would like to hear from friends!!!!!!!!!! Send some mail, it's not like you have anything better to do :) and anyone viewing this thinking whether or not to go on a mission GO!!!! It is the best thing you can do! Ever!
Well I have to get going I love you so much and thank you for keeping me in your prayers it helps a ton.