November 2, 2011

First Email

Hello Family!
I am doing great here in the MTC.  pero si, todo esta bien. My spanish is skyrocketing. When I speak, the words just come out! it's amazing!  We have some laundry time today because we just got here, but my companion and I and some other elders in our district are just waiting until our P Day on Thursday. The MTC is a lot of work! we are always busy; studying, learning more Spanish, teaching, and anything else you picture a missionary doing, we are busy doing it. It is a great place though, I have seen several people who I know and I have made tons of new friends. It is a lot of fun. Today during our gym time we are going to play soccer. I'll dominate of course. The food here is really great, and it is really getting me. I weighed myself yesterday and I have already gained 5 pounds! My pants are a little tight, but my companion and I are starting to work out. Haha just kidding, dad you probably just freaked out. I haven't gained any weight. but we are working out. I am going to direct the music in church tomorrow for our branch, so that should be fun. In church here they give every missionary in the ward a topic each week, and at the beginning of the meeting they say who is going to speak. So we have to be prepared! that is the update for now. I will email again on Thursday! I hope you are all doing well and have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Jackman