Hey everybody!!
OK so I haven't explained the pictures I have been sending I just kind of forgot. But the ones 2 weeks ago were first of me and my new companion Elder Turner, then of me on the big hippo in Hutto right before I left, then the last one was of me and my district leader in Taylor, he is a really funny guy and had some random moose so he wanted to take a picture with it. We did apartment cleaning day last Friday and we found pieces of a catapult kit during spring cleaning. We now have completed the catapults and have a lot of fun playing with them haha. But no pictures this week sorry... The area is great though! Nothing super exciting happened this week as far as the work goes. But General Conference was soooooooooo great!! Holy Canoli!!! I loved it so much! Every talk was just amazing. I am definitely going to make some changes in my life. One talk that I really enjoyed was that of Elder Scott. He talked on personal revelation. We had a training on that in the MTC and we watched segments of another talk he had given on the same topic. And then we proceeded to try and recieve some personal revelation of our own. At the beginning of the class we had thought of a question we wanted to ask God. Then we followed the steps that Elder Scott gave and It worked!! Through reading the scriptures, pondering, then praying I recieved an answer to my question. It is the pattern that I now follow and it was great to hear him give more insight on the matter. I also got a lot about the priesthood from conference. We need to magnify our callings better geez! I loved that many apostles and general authorities talked about how we recieve the real power of the priesthood is through following the commandments and righteous living. I just loved conference. I have already set some goals for myself and i'll let you know how the progress goes. That is about all from me this week though. I love you all and thank you for all your support and prayers. This church is true, that is solid in my mind and will never change. Jesus is the Christ and our personal Savior. Joseph Smith was an amazing prophet of God and in all reality did see God the Father and Jesus Christ. He translated the Book of Mormon so that we can have all those plain and precious truths that were lost through corrupt translations of the Bible. Thomas S.Monson is God's prophet on the earth today and his words are for everyone. I am so thankful that we have the wonderful opputunity hearing him every 6 months, it is such a blessing. In the grand scheme of things this life is so very short, and our days and hours even shorter, But this very short time we have effects everything after.THE CHURCH IS TRUE! I hope you all have a wonderful week. Love You!