June 19, 2012

Dear Everyone,
This week was a little disappointing.  Both of our families dropped us and decided they don't want to investigate anymore :( They had been missing appointments and just avoiding us but then Julieta left a note on the door when we had an appointment that said "We are not here, we will call you when you can come over" We haven't seen her or heard from her. Hopefully in the future they can meet with us again or other missionaries, but for now they are not interested. We have several other investigators right now that are doing well. They were supposed to come to church but they didn't! We will help them out thought.

Other than that we had some bike troubles this week again. Luckily it wasn't my bike though! My bike works great but my helmet got stolen! So I bought a new one today and it is soooooo cool. Elder Foster's chain decided to stop working and his bike is getting tuned up and fixed, and Elder Salas' chain broke so that was a set back.  

This week has been a little discouraging, but there is no point in putting my head down. Elder Turner said a really good quote that I liked, he said: "This work is 80% mental, so if you go out with your head down you are only doing 20% of the work." And it is so true. I know that keeping a postive attitude is necessary so I make it a priority to be postitive and keep myself and companion happy.   It has just been hard with people telling us that they will do things and then they don't do them and think nothing of it.  I don't know why we have bad things happen to us but I know that they are for a reason and they will help us in some way that God knows we need.  

I have a very strong testimony that the trials that we go through are to help us become the people God needs us to be. Also I have seen more and more as I am working with these people how God feels about me and about all of his children. We know that this gospel is going to help these people and we do everything we can to help them understand that but ultimately it is up to them and their agency to decide if they are going to act on our messege. God does the same for us. He knows what is going to help us and knows what is bad for us, he does everything he can to help us avoid harmful things and stay on a positive track but ultimately we have our agency and many times we make mistakes and i'm sure God is frustrated but he loves us unconditionally and never gives up on us. That is something I have learned by going through this disappointment and this hard time. We keep working hard though every day. Because we are doing what is right, we are on the Lord's errand and we will be successful in the way the Lord has planned. I learn so much out here on my mission. I love it. I hope you all have a great week. I love you all so much!!!

Love Elder Jackman